This stunning new full three-dimensional Bighorn Sheep coin is the fourth coin in the most revolutionary series ever issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. Since the first coins of the world were struck more than 2500 years ago, coin designs have been confined to two-dimensional coin blanks and the limited relief of traditional minting. With this new series, the Royal Canadian Mint brings some of Canada’s most iconic animals to life with a full three-dimensional sculpture rising up from the surface of the coin. The coin has a $100 face value and weighs just over ten ounces of pure silver. The striking 3D bighorn sheep is further enhanced by an overlay of 24 karat gold.
When the first coin in this series was launched in November of 2016, the Grizzly Bear coin sold out from the RCM within hours of being released. In addition to its artistic beauty, collectability of this revolutionary coin is further heightened by an extremely low limited mintage of just 1,200 pieces. All three earlier coins in this popular series sold out from the mint on the first day of issue.
The reverse design by renowned Canadian sculptor Karl Lansing captures a remarkable 360 degree image featuring the bighorn sheep. The muscular animal rises up from the coin’s silver surface, its authority unchallenged as it stands poised on a rocky outcrop and surveys its surroundings.
Your coin will come presented on a round wooden pedestal and protected by a domed cover that allows the coin to be proudly displayed as a work of art. As a pure silver coin produced by the Royal Canadian Mint, there is no HST or GST applicable.
Get all five coins in this series, and save $100 per coin!
Although the Royal Canadian Mint is completely sold out of the first coin and complete subscriptions, we still have a few available, including the sold out Grizzly Bear. Best of all, although the official issue price for single coins is $1099.95, we are pleased to offer complete subscription sets at just $999.95 each. Discover the whole series. 2017 $100 Sculpture of Majestic Canadian Animals: 5-Coin Pure Silver Set
One of Numismatic Expert Steven Bromberg’s Top Picks EVER! Here’s why:
• First issue ever to feature revolutionary full three dimensional designs
• One of the most innovative and beautiful coins ever issued in the world.
• Extremely low mintage of just 1,200 coins for Canada and the world.
• High likelihood that demand will far exceed supply, resulting in a substantial increases in market value
• Stunning appearance, can be collected and enjoyed as a work of art at the same time.
• Large and impressive with a 65 mm diameter, 40 mm height and weight of 10 ounces of fine silver
• Original sculptures modeled by renowned artist and sculptor Karl Lansing
• Designs feature iconic Canadian animals