The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when King George V, formerly of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, concerned that his Germanic sounding surname would alienate his British subjects during WWI, changed the name of his dynasty to the more English sounding Windsor. Declaring at a meeting of the Privy Council on 17th July 1917, that “all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria shall bear the name of Windsor”. The House of Windsor has produced four British sovereigns, George V (1910-1936), his son Edward VIII (1936), who abdicated the throne to marry the twice-divorced American Wallis Simpson in favour of his brother George VI (1936-1952), and Queen Elizabeth II.
A gorgeous gift that a monarchist will cherish forever! Order yours today!
- DIAMOND-SHAPED! Your coin depicts the four monarchs of the House of Windsor (George V, Edward VIII, George VI and Elizabeth II).
- WINDSOR CASTLE! Your distinctive coin also depicts the Round Tower of Windsor Castle!
- SELECTIVE 24-KARAT GOLD PLATING! Your coin includes selective 24-carat gold plating!
- INCLUDES SYMBOLS OF GREAT BRITAIN! The special obverse design of your coin features the rose, thistle, leek, and shamrock—symbols of Great Britain.
- LIMITED MINTAGE WORLDWIDE! Your coin has a limited mintage worldwide of only 900.
- 1 OZ. 99.9% PURE SILVER! Your coin has no GST/HST.
Your coin depicts the four monarchs of the House of Windsor (George V, Edward VIII, George VI and Elizabeth II).
Your coin arrives in a prestige premium package with an individually numbered silver certificate attesting to the low mintage of only 900!