The My Canada, My Inspiration 2017 coin collection celebrates everything it means to be Canadian — pocket change as diverse as our country, designed by Canadians, for Canadians exclusively for Canada’s 150th anniversary year. These specially designed coins reflect a deep connection to this nation’s history and how they touch the lives of every person who lives here. They’ve been created by people like you—for you! That’s right, every 2017 coin was designed and voted on by everyday Canadians
- An exceptional souvenir to celebrate Canada’s 150th
- Includes ALL 5 winning coin designs for 2017, including the very collectible 25¢ and $2 coins in
- A souvenir that will stand the test of time and be cherished by generations to come!
- A once-in-a-life-time set highlighting a milestone event in Canadian history!
- A fun way to inspire young collectors, and introduce them to the wonderful world of coins.
5¢ – LIVING TRADITIONS- Gerald Gloade: reimagines the quintessential Canadian beaver in the
traditional style of the Algonkian, celebrating 150 years of cultures meeting, sharing and evolving
10¢ – WINGS OF PEACE- Amy Choi: captures our spirit of peacekeeping in a stylized design
featuring an iconic maple leaf in the beak of a dove.
25¢ – HOPE FOR A GREEN FUTURE- Joelle Wong: shares a child’s hope for Canada’s abundant
nature to be preserved for years to come. Its playful design features a pair of hands bringing life to
a plant that connects all living things — represented by some notable Canadian animals.
$1 – CONNECTING A NATION- Wesley Klassen: pays tribute to the railways that have brought our
country together — and the many impressive landmarks along Canada’s rail routes.
$2 – DANCE OF THE SPIRITS- Timothy Hsia: celebrates the wonders of Canada with an evocative
design featuring the Northern Lights — which the Cree peoples called “the dance of the spirits”.